Just the two of us
Mike and Kelly, our awesome friends, and their little cutiepie Caiden.
Scott and Michel, they have been best buddies since the time they were just little, roomed together in college, and still talk just about everyday!
Posted by Bairds at 8:09 PM
Life is crazy and moving so fast! Thank goodness for weekends that give us a break from school for a little bit. Scott's job has it's perks, and this last weekend we were able to go to Quickwater ranch with Vocal Union for a retreat. It was beautiful, the leaves were changing colors and on the second day there was a huge thunderstorm. Being that we went with a music group, there was of course LOTS of singing, and if anyone knows my singing ability it's safe to say I got a LOT of homework done. Scott brought up a projector and we all wathced Mr. Beans holliday which I thougth was hilarious! It was fun getting to know the new group!
It was so beautiful! The camera doesn't do it justice.
We went on a hike and got all muddy.
We played some fun games, but this one was kind of corny. We had to go out blindfolded into the forest and be led to a "friend". Then we were supposed to be able to find it afterwards using our senses. My loving husband led me to a thistle and had me grab onto it.
Posted by Bairds at 8:36 PM
Sorry for those who don't like surveys, but I think they're fun! My sis. got this in an email and decided to do it in a blog instead. I tag anyone who wants to do it.
Place an X by all the things you've done and remove the X from the ones you have not. Answer the 30 questions at the end and tag your friends!
(x) Gone on a blind date
(X) Skipped school (way too much)
() Watched someone die
( ) Been to Canada
() Been to Mexico
() Been to Florida
(X) Been on a plane
(X) Been lost
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country
() Gone to Washington , DC
(X) Swam in the ocean
(X) Cried yourself to sleep
(X) Played cops and robbers
(x) Recently colored with crayons (today actually)
(X) Sang Karaoke
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(X) Made prank phone calls
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus (still do!)
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating
(X) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(X) Gone to the movies
1. Any nickname? - bubba toadies, Kayler, Kalub, Kaylee lingeraley,....and many more emabarresing ones
2. Mother's name? - Mindy
3. Favorite Drink? - The caramel,vanilla bean, irish mint, whitechocolate drink from the cocoa bean
4. Tattoo??? Sometimes, they're the cereal box kind
5. Body piercings?? just my ears
6. How much do you love your job? What job?! I am excited to be a teacher though.
7. Birthplace? AZ
8. Favorite vacation spot? Lake Powell for the first few days, and then the beach
9. Ever been to Africa ? No
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? yes, I actually had cookies yesterday for breakfast...whoops.
11. Ever been on TV? Yes
12. Ever stole a traffic sign? Yes..hehehe
13. Ever been in a car accident? Nothing major, and it was definately worth it when all is said and done and we made money
14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4 day civic
15. Favorite salad dressing? Rasberry vinagerette
16. Favorite pie? Pumkin!
19. Favorite holiday? Christmas
17. Favorite number? 7
18. Favorite movie? probably Phantom of the Opera. I'm kinda a Lord of the Rings nerd.
20. Favorite dessert? anything chocolatly, gooey, and warm.
21. Favorite food? Depends on my mood...
22. Favorite day of the week? Saturday, no school!!!!!!
23. Favorite brand of body wash?? Just as long as it smells good I don't care
24. Favorite toothpaste ? Arm and Hammer baking soda whitening stuff
25. Favorite smell ? Fresh rain and warm and cozy smells
26. What do you do to relax? take a nap, read, or sew
27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully a mommy with 4 or 5 kids, probably going crazy
28. What is your favorite kind of music? country
29. Furthest place you will send this message? Who knows
30. Who will respond to this the fastest? Anyone who wants to
Posted by Bairds at 12:02 PM
We are officially all moved in and have started school!! Scott had a little accident. The day before school we mounted the projecter above our new to us couches. During the movie it all the sudden went dark and we heard a loud crash. We flipped on the lights and Scott is holding his head with blood dripping out from under his hands. The projector and the board it was on landed from a high place right on Scott's poor head! We took him to the emergency room and were there for 3 hours, till 1oclock in the morning. They were going to staple his head but since his hair was short for scarring purposes they did 11 stitches. He's doing just fine. For those of you who know how much I hate blood, I did just fine too. I've even been scrubbing blood out of the couch and wherever the last couple days. (thanks Mike and kelly for helping me out!)
School for us is going good. Just the usual. I'm doing my sr. practicum in IF in a 4th grade classroom. We'll see how that goes. And two math classes in a row, yuck. Scott is taking required classes, plus an intro. into hospital administration to see how he likes it and a mountain biking class. Our apt. is great, a little farther from campus than we are used to but we love it. Maybe I'll take some pics. later.
Posted by Bairds at 10:40 AM
Over Labor Day weekend and before moving up to Idaho, Scott and I went to the traditional Cub River fishing campout near Preston, Idaho. We had so much fun! My dad's cousin and some of his kids came, along with all my brothers and sister. We went on a hike up to where the stream started and all got a drink of the freshest water, MMMM! Kenton was the first to test the water, our little Bear Grills.
The two cooks and our massive steak feast! They finished cooking seconds before the rain started.
Just chillin. Kara, Me, Jake, and my Dad.
Seth, Kiera, and Kyla. I decided to be their family photographer.
My cute cousin Kara and I playing UNO. The last night we got rained out and hung out in the tents all night. When we went out to our tent to go to sleep, all our bedding was sopping wet. figures.
Posted by Bairds at 7:49 PM