Sunday, December 28, 2008
Posted by Bairds at 3:20 PM
Friday, December 19, 2008
The Christmas edition of getting to know your family and friends! I got this as an email but don't have very many email addresses, so here it is. Consider yourself tagged if you read this and are in the mood to do one of your own. Merry Christmas!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper with lots of ribbons and bows!
2. Artificial or real tree? Real all the way.
3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as we can get to it in December
4. When do you take it down? When we get home from Christmas vacation
5. Do you like egg nog? Yes, but only if it's half mixed with milk
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably Betsy Wetsy or some other type of doll
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband
8. Easiest person to buy for? Kiera or my mom
9. Do you have a nativity scene? 2 very minature ones
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail... I love getting christmas cards!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I got a barbie doll from my aunt and uncle when I was a teenager, I hadn't seen them in a while and I guess they forgot I grew up.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After I make my list...which is whenever I have extra time.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. 0
15. Sled, ski, or snowboard? Snowboard for me, skis for Scott (he's the black sheep in my family
16. Lights on the tree? Yes. I have plain white, but I miss the blinky colored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to mine or Scott's house.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? You know dasher and dancer and prancer and.....
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Star
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? One on christmas eve and the rest on Christmas morning. If we are at Scott's we open pjs on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Scott and I pick one out every year
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? jello jello jello
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A surprise
26. Do you eat fruitcake? No thankyou.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sees Chocolates and neighborhood treats that sit on our counter and tempt me all day
Posted by Bairds at 6:41 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008
One more semester down, and only one more to go!! Finals week was not... my favorite, but it's over and I don't have to think about it ever again. Scott did awesome as always. I had to pass a math test that my mom tried to get me to do since before my freshman year-to get out of math 110, and at this point to do my student teaching. I kept putting it off and putting it off, until finals week I spent all my spare time in the dreaded math tutoring center and passed it by a miracle.
Posted by Bairds at 7:15 PM
Saturday, December 6, 2008
There were so many people we had to rent tables from the church. Scott's mom and sister megan and I made trukeys for place settings and decorated the table.
Cody the cutest puppy ever! Scott and I want a yellow lab so badly.
Rusty and the beautiful bride at the reception!
Posted by Bairds at 12:51 PM
Monday, November 24, 2008
After lots of hard work and problem after problem, I now have my student teaching placement! It's in Idaho Falls in a spectrum class (grades 1-3 in same classroom). I am glad I don't have to travel any farther than Idaho Falls...but I don't have a very high opinion of mulit-age classrooms. Hopefully this experience will change my mind and will go great. I'm doing my senior practicum in a fourth grade classroom and I've absolutely loved it so this will be a change. One of my new favorite quotes is from Elder Worthlin, "Come what may and love it." So here it comes.
Posted by Bairds at 4:13 PM
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Posted by Bairds at 9:08 PM
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Posted by Bairds at 5:57 PM
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I love Autumn. And Halloween. Haunted houses, PUMPKIN flavored anything, warmish days and cool nights, the colors, dressing up, etc.
Posted by Bairds at 2:51 PM