Friday, September 12, 2008

Scott's BooBoo



We are officially all moved in and have started school!! Scott had a little accident. The day before school we mounted the projecter above our new to us couches. During the movie it all the sudden went dark and we heard a loud crash. We flipped on the lights and Scott is holding his head with blood dripping out from under his hands. The projector and the board it was on landed from a high place right on Scott's poor head! We took him to the emergency room and were there for 3 hours, till 1oclock in the morning. They were going to staple his head but since his hair was short for scarring purposes they did 11 stitches. He's doing just fine. For those of you who know how much I hate blood, I did just fine too. I've even been scrubbing blood out of the couch and wherever the last couple days. (thanks Mike and kelly for helping me out!)
School for us is going good. Just the usual. I'm doing my sr. practicum in IF in a 4th grade classroom. We'll see how that goes. And two math classes in a row, yuck. Scott is taking required classes, plus an intro. into hospital administration to see how he likes it and a mountain biking class. Our apt. is great, a little farther from campus than we are used to but we love it. Maybe I'll take some pics. later.

4 comments:

Bockholt said...

Im so proud you didn't get sick from the blood! Poor Scott, did he have his hair cut short prior to the Head Bashing Projector Incident of 2008? I want to see pics of the apt too. Hope Scott is feeling better!

Kit said...

Ouch!
That stinks, but at least it's on a used college couch and not something else.

Heather Walker said...

Thanks for the comment on our blog--it was nice to hear from ya. I'm sorry about the evil projector experience--who knew projectors could be so dangerous? I hope Scott's head is surviving and that you guys are doing great! It was fun to look at all the New York pics on your blog--how much fun that must have been. Take care!!!

allie & jeff said...

oh my gosh. ouch! i hope your husband's head heals soon! i miss you and hope you guys are doing great!!