Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cub River

Over Labor Day weekend and before moving up to Idaho, Scott and I went to the traditional Cub River fishing campout near Preston, Idaho. We had so much fun! My dad's cousin and some of his kids came, along with all my brothers and sister. We went on a hike up to where the stream started and all got a drink of the freshest water, MMMM! Kenton was the first to test the water, our little Bear Grills.
The two cooks and our massive steak feast! They finished cooking seconds before the rain started.
Just chillin. Kara, Me, Jake, and my Dad.
Seth, Kiera, and Kyla. I decided to be their family photographer.
My cute cousin Kara and I playing UNO. The last night we got rained out and hung out in the tents all night. When we went out to our tent to go to sleep, all our bedding was sopping wet. figures.

Fishing love!
Scott got really into it.
Every year I get made fun of for not catching a fish. I was determined this year and caught about 8. I decided to unhook my own fish...it took a couple screams and I dropped it once, but I was successful!
The two old men ;) who did all our cooking, cleaning, and planning for the trip. My dad and his cousin Kenny. This is them taking their daily nap.
On a hike. The log was very slippery.

2 comments:

Bockholt said...

Glad to see you got your camera back. Heard about scotts head. Ouch!

Roo said...

Kayleee, I'm so glad you put these pictures up. I was wondering how the trip went. Looks fun! Yay for blogs so I can know what's going on in your life. I'm so proud of your fish-catching skills! :)