Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Nursery

I've been meaning to post these pics. forever. When we first moved into our house the thing I was excited for most was to finish her nursery. I told Scott what I wanted and he finished it. He spent lots of hours figuring out how to do crown molding, put up beadboard, painting, and finishing everything. And he did a pretty awesome job! There's still a few finishing touches I want to add, but for the most part it is done.

The curtains with a double window sill and crown molding:



My favorite piece, the chandelier. The pic. doesn't do it justice:


The furniture was from my room when I was little, along with pretty much all of her decor.



My sister made the awesome blanket on her crib. She's pretty amazing!! The little heart shelf was from a garage sale that I painted and the pottery barn bedding I got a sweet deal from ebay.


My grandpa made me the big heart shelf when I was little. We ordered the chair and I love it! It is where I spend a large part of my night :)
And the best part of all? The little girl whose room it is:

2 comments:

Kari said...

Kaylee, the room looks AWESOME! I really love the chandelier. And of course, Annie just looks so cute, too! :)

April said...

Kaylee, The room looks amazing! I love that you were able to use your old furniture...good times! Your little girl is so amazingly adorable, I can't wait to meet her.