Thursday, October 9, 2008

Field Trip

Right now as I'm typing it is snowing outside, weird.


What's also weird is that I saw a huge dead black bear on the side of the road. Either bear world had a break out or wild bears have come to attack....
Anyway, Yesterday I got to go on a field trip!! I was excited like a little kid again. We left early, and made the 21/2 hour bus trip to a pioneer museum. We then headed to a cemetary and Soda Springs, cutting out our stop at a potatoe expo due to time. I slept on the bus ride there and back, while the other teachers were amazed that I could do that through the noise. Guess I was just really tiered. We saw some way interesting things, but here were my highlights:
This is my class in the wagon simulator. It bumped you around like you were really in a wagon, with cool ligt effects over the top of us. It was fun at first, until I started to feel a little sick and it just kept on going and going...
The purpose of the cemetary was for
the kids to see the wagon box grave. It is a place where after a family of seven were massacred, they were buried in the same grave all inside their wagon box with their belongings.
R.I.P
Outside of Soda Springs at the end of a long day.
This is Hooper Springs. It looks nasty but I guess it's safe to drink. Somehow under ground the water gets carbonated. We all drank some and it was pretty gross. Then we added kool-aide and drank our own strawberry pop! So cool!

4 comments:

Stokers said...

That's awesome you got to go on a field trip with your class. Don't you just love them? I love my class they are so cute and so fun! It's sad to think I'll only be going for 6 more weeks is all. I'm gonna miss them! How is school going for you? It's crazy we have the exact same classes but the exact opposite schedule? We need to get together with you guys sometime and go do something!

Kit said...

That looks so much fun! Except I can't believe it's snowing there! Well, I guess I can believe it; Rexburg is the worst when it comes to the winter season. It's hard to admit that winter is on the way. My one consolation is that Christmas will be here soon.

Bockholt said...

well, well, well, sleeping on the bus during lots of noise, you must be learning new skills! Im so proud!

Stephanie said...

So I am totally jealous that you guys went to Mesa Falls. That place is so pretty. When I see all of your pictures I want to go up to Rexburg so bad. Don't be surprised if Ben and I show up at your door one of these days. Of coarse probably not in the winter. That field trip of yours looked pretty fun too.