Monday, December 15, 2008

Dun,dun,dun,dun, DONE!

One more semester down, and only one more to go!! Finals week was not... my favorite, but it's over and I don't have to think about it ever again. Scott did awesome as always. I had to pass a math test that my mom tried to get me to do since before my freshman year-to get out of math 110, and at this point to do my student teaching. I kept putting it off and putting it off, until finals week I spent all my spare time in the dreaded math tutoring center and passed it by a miracle.

-To celebrate finals we went to a delicious dinner and then watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. If you ever are in the mood to celebrate do not watch that movie--watch it only if you want to be depressed for the next few days.
-I had my student teaching placement switched. After observing in a spectrum class several times, I could see some benefits-- but it's still not for me. So there was another little drama and now I am in 5th grade, so pumped. It is all the way in FIRTH Idaho...but what can you do. 
-I had to say goodbye to my fourth graders, sniff sniff. They wrote me sweet notes and gave me a student teacher starter kit (thanks to Mrs. Watts). I can't believe how attached you can get to students in a short amount of time. 
-Now we are in Utah and sleeping in until ten and wear our pjs all day. It's just wonderful. 


My student teacher starter kit

Our Christmas Tree: yes we do get a real one every year and are never home for Christmas. We just can't help it. 

Our Christmas ornament for this year. It is perfect for us because we want a yellow lab so badly. When Scott's mom was here she took us to the mall and told us we could pick out one anything we wanted. Scott picked out a desktop calendar with a lab on it for every day of the year. Figures. 



3 comments:

E said...

kaylee, i think you get prettier every single day. scott has to beat the boys off with a stick, huh? =) --emily

Seth and Sierra said...

I love the picture on the top of your page! Cute pictures in the post, too! Have a fun Christmas break!

mike, kelly and caiden christensen said...

hey guys! we miss you! we should be at disneyland right now!! sad... we hope you have a great christmas break and hopefully we can get together as soon as you get back! kaylee if you ever need some hot chocolate to warm up on your long drive from firth back to rexburg you can always stop in!