Thursday, November 18, 2010

A name and a blessing

This post might be a month late... but Annie was blessed 10/10/10! It was a perfect day. We can't thank enough everyone that traveled and made her day so special (My fam from Utah, the Bairds from WA, and Lisa and Ava from AZ)! Scott did such a good job on the blessing, I was nervous for him but it was beautiful. She slept the whole time and the rest of the sacrament meeting. After we had a big fall luncheon at the house and just hung out. Such a good day and we are so grateful for all the support!
Little miss Annie. She wore my blessing dress (and Kieras) from when I was a baby.

Annie Kay
Why we chose her name: Scott and I had a hard time picking a name. I stressed a lot about it and Scott was sick of talking about it. We wanted something that wasn't on the top ten name lists but that wasn't made up. We were at one of our favorite restraunts (the Snakebite) and just saying random names and Scott suggested Annie. I have always loved the name Anne, it is my middle name. I wasn't sold becasue my favorite name at the time was Molly. We finally decided it was too hard to pick a name until we saw her. When she was born we pretty much had it narrowed down to three names. Annie just fit her, and it was the only name we liked with special meaning. We named her Annie and the next day decided on Kay for Scott's grandma Kay Baird who he never had a chance to meet. Her name is also my name backwards, Annie Kay...Kaylee Anne. We love our little Annie who already has a million nicknames. Here are just a few: Sweetheart, Sweetie, little darling, Boobaby, Boo, Missy, Anabanana, Annabell, Annie Pannie, Smiley Cyrus, Baby girl, etc...


The McRae grandkids before the blessing. Aren't they precious? (We'll have to take some good Baird grandkid pics over Thanksgiving..)

3 comments:

Neisy said...

Oh Kaylee! I love this post! I love it that her name is yours backward...I love it that her middle name is Kay....Her great grandma would be serious proud. Love you guys,

The Draper Fam said...

Dear Annie,
You are coming to play with me in a few days...I can't wait!! I love you and your name,too.

Big kiss on your cheek,
Aunt Mindy

Bockholt said...

Thanks for having us up there! and you'll never forget the date she was blessed!